What if you cannot take your well-deserved vacation because you are sick yourself, have tested positive for Covid or have to be quarantined because of a relative in the same household?
For this we recommend the hotel cancellation insurance of the Europäische Reiseversicherung. With the hotel cancellation insurances of the European Travel Insurance you are well protected!
1. Cancellation costs if trip not started: up to selected trip price (no excess)
2. Trip curtailment: Reimbursement of booked but unused travel services, up to selected trip price
3. Delayed arrival: Reimbursement of additional costs of overnight accommodation and meals during the outward journey (up to € 400,-)
4. Involuntary extension of holiday: Reimbursement of additional costs of overnight accommodation and meals at the holiday destination (up to € 2.000,-)
5. Search and rescue including helicopter rescue: Search and rescue costs in the event of an accident, or in the event of distres in the mountains or at sea (up to € 7.500,-)
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident, adverse reactions to a vaccination or death;
- loosening of implanted joints;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death (including suicide) of a family member, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- pregnancy, if the pregnancy is determined after booking the journey, or severe pregnancy complications up to the 35th week of pregnancy inclusive;
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of Acts of God (e.g. flood, storm), fire, burst water pipes or criminal act of a third party, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- call-up to basic military service or alternative civilian service;
- submission of an action for divorce to the competent court or, in the case of registered life partnerships, the submission of a petition for dissolution before the trip to be taken jointly by the married couple/civil partners;
- dissolution of the relationship of two partners living together (who have had the same registered address for at least 6 months) by the giving up of the joint residence immediately before the trip to be undertaken jointly by the partners concerned;
- failure to pass the school-leaving certificate examination, or a similar final examination for a course of school education lasting at least 3 years;
- receipt of an unexpected judicial summons.
HOTEL CANCELLATION PREMIUM
ALL BENEFITS AND REASONS AS HOTEL CANCELLATION PLUS AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES:
Benefits following an accident
- Transport to hospital (up to 100%)
- Costs for initial medical treatment (up to € 1.000,- / € 100,- excess)
- Home transport or additional return travel costs (up to € 1.000,-)
- Collection of vehicle following loss of driver (up to € 1.000,-)
- Plaster cast payment (€ 50,- per remaining day)
- fracture of prostheses;
- organ transplant as donor or recipient;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death of the person who has been entrusted with the care of family members who are of minority age or in need of care, making your presence at the place of residence absolutely necessary;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death of the employee or colleague in the same company who is deputising for you for the duration of the trip, making your presence at the place of residence absolutely necessary;
- resignation of the employee or colleague in the same company who is deputising for you, making your presence at the place of residence absolutely necessary;
- dissolution of life partnership (existing for at least six months, not necessarily living at the same address) immediately before the insured joint trip of the partners affected (an affidavit must be provided by the affected partners);
- abduction or disappearance of a family member;
- criminal act involving threat or use of force against the insured person;
- significant financial damage (valued at over € 5,000.-) as a result of a crime against property (theft, damage to property etc.) or accident within one month prior to the start of the trip;
- theft of travel tickets, passport or driver’s licence, if these are needed for the trip;
- damage to or theft of the private car of the insured, with which the trip should be performed, before or during the direct arrival;
- traffic accident involving the private vehicle of the insured on the direct way to the railway station/airport/port;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death of a dog, cat or horse (pets) whose permanent owner is the insured person, making your presence absolutely necessary for the care;
- neighbourly assistance by the insured in the event of a disaster;
- disaster aid as a member of the fire service or rescue service;
- calling to a military exercise of the Federal Army;
- unforeseen taking up of a new employment relationship if the insured trip takes part in the first six months of the new professional activity;
- failure to pass an examination at a school/university, if the repeat exam is unexpectedly held in the trip period;
- non advancement of a pupil to the next school grade in case of class trips;
- failure in a final examination class of an educational course of at least 3 years’ duration immediately before the insured trip;
- cancellation of a wedding which was the reason for the trip (a maximum of € 40,000.- is reimbursed for each cancelled wedding).
|Total rate up to||Hotelstorno|
|€ 200,-||€ 11,-||€ 17,-|
|€ 300,-||€ 17,-||€ 22,-|
|€ 400,-||€ 23,-||€ 29,-|
|€ 500,-||€ 29,-||€ 36,-|
|€ 600,-||€ 34,-||€ 43,-|
|€ 800,-||€ 46,-||€ 57,-|
|€ 1.000,-||€ 57,-||€ 72,-|
|€ 1.200,-||€ 69,-||€ 86,-|
|€ 1.400,-||€ 80,-||€ 99,-|
|€ 1.600,-||€ 92,-||€ 112,-|
|€ 1.800,-||€ 103,-||€ 125,-|
|€ 2.000,-||€ 115,-||€ 138,-|
|€ 2.500,-||€ 143,-||€ 171,-|
|€ 3.000,-||€ 172,-||€ 205,-|
|€ 3.500,-||€ 200,-||€ 237,-|
|€ 4.000,-||€ 229,-||€ 269,-|
|€ 4.500,-||€ 258,-||€ 300,-|
|€ 5.000,-||€ 286,-||€ 334,-|
|€ 6.000,-||€ 344,-||€ 400,-|
|€ 7.000,-||€ 401,-||€ 466,-|
|€ 8.000,-||€ 458,-||€ 532,-|
|€ 9.000,-||€ 515,-||€ 598,-|
|€ 10.000,-||€ 573,-||€ 664,-|
|€ 12.000,-||€ 687,-||€ 840,-|
|€ 15.000,-||€ 1.050,-|
|€ 18.000,-||€ 1.260,-|
The respective insurance policy is valid for the insured person concerned, their insured family members and for a maximum of 3 other insured persons travelling with them, provided that a joint booking is available. Family members are the spouse (or life partner living in a common household), the children (step, step-in-law, grandchildren), the parents (step-in-law, grandchildren), the siblings of the insured person.
The insurance cover is valid for a maximum of 31 days of travel in Europe.
The insurance must be taken out at the same time as the travel booking.
If the insurance is taken out on the basis of an insurance offer sent with the booking confirmation, the conclusion is deemed to be simultaneous no later than five working days after booking the trip.
If the insurance is not taken out at the same time as the travel booking, the insurance cover for travel cancellation benefits only starts on the 10th day after the insurance was taken out (except accident, death or elementary event).
Travelprice: Total price of the hotel or rental arrangement for all insured persons for the stay. Additional services and travel costs can also be insured.
The maximum amount insured for travel cancellation per booking/Insurance case is € 10.000,- for Hotel Cancellation Plus,-
for Hotel Cancellation Premium €15.000,- Insurance amounts in excess of this amount are only valid with the written approval of the Europäische.
*If the insured person is unable to travel and if risk persons become ill, a
medical confirmation on the claim form is required for the claims to be processed.